Gene joined Greene & Reid, PLLC as an associate in August of 2010. Prior to that, Gene worked for the Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York, serving clients who would not otherwise be able to afford legal representation. In addition, Gene worked for the Special Funds Conservation Committee handling litigation of Workers’ Compensation claims.
Gene received his legal education at the University of Toledo College of Law, where he graduated cum laude in 2007. While there, he served as an Associate Member and a Note and Comment Editor of the University of Toledo Law Review.
Gene was born and raised in Toledo, Ohio. In 1996, he joined the U.S. Army and was stationed at Fort Drum, New York. He served in the infantry on active duty until 1999 and then in the New York and Ohio Army National Guard until he was honorably discharged in 2004. While Stationed at Fort Drum, Gene met his future wife, and he stayed in Central New York graduating from SUNY Oswego.
Gene is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the Onondaga County Bar Association and the New York Academy of Trial Lawyers. He also enjoys fishing, spending time with his wife and two daughters and participates in the Knights of Columbus.
State University of New York at Oswego
University of Toledo – College of Law, J.D., 2007
- 2008 – New York State Bar
- Young v. Lacy, 2014 NY Slip Op. 06417 (4th Dept. 2014)
- Williams v Fassinger,119 A.D.3d 1368 (N.Y. App. Div. 4th Dept. 2014)
- Ruiz v. Cope, 119 AD3d 1333 (4th Dept. 2014)
- Mason v Village of Newark,110 A.D.3d 1438 (N.Y. App. Div. 4th Dept. 2013)
- Melvin v State of New York,101 A.D.3d 1654 (N.Y. App. Div. 4th Dept. 2012)
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- United States Army, Infantry, 1996-1999
- New York and Ohio Army National Guard, Infantry, 1999-2004